birthday boy

My son's seventh birthday is this week, on Friday, March 16. Last year we'd just come back from Korea and we couldn't organise a decent celebration for him in time, so later in the year I got some family members and NJ's little friend, together at our new house. We hired a jumping castle and bought some fireworks (it was also the Guy Fawkes weekend), and we had a braai. Everyone had fun and NJ was happy. This year, similar situation, but thankfully we'll be going to NJ's school's Easter picnic in the evening on his birthday so we're not having a party. He's had some awesome birthday celebrations in the past. When we were in Korea, we celebrated his first b-day with a full-on buffet feast, Korean style and we invited everyone that had anything to do with his first year, Koreans and foreigners alike. That was awesome because we had the main table set-up in the Korean style and we also had the little ceremony where the baby picks from various items which symbolise different hopes for his future. The items include a pencil (if he picks it, he'll be a scholar), money (rich/tycoon), a mike (an entertainer) and string (long life). Amid all the cheering, my son picked the string!!
He also spent a couple of his b-days at amusement parks - great fun for everyone, and wonderful memories for us now.
I know I'm not supposed to but I love to spoil NJ. He's always on my mind especially when I see toys, or games, or stickers. There are times when I have to restrain myself from buying all kinds of things for him. He's my greatest joy in life and I just want to make him happy. I hope this b-day will be a good one and I look forward to planning a big bash for him next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment